Web lists-archives.com

alter table and 'something wrong in indexes'?

Hi!

I use mysql/innodb tables on aws services

in a small table (about 2M records) I changed some columns datatypes from unsigned int to decimal and from float to decimal

I didn't change anything about primary key or other indexes

after the change (done without troubles), all my queries where really slow and the "explain" was different; it was like the primary key index was corrupted or not used anymore (even if the 'check table' was fine)

I had to drop an create again the table with the new datatypes and all was fine again

any idea about what was wrong?

I guess is not an aws problem, even if that is the first time I have a similar error

thank you in advance

bye bye

MAS!