Web lists-archives.com

Using Joins/Unions

I have been a MySQL user and supporter for over a decade (since 2001) and I am almost ashamed to admit that I haven’t the faintest idea on how to do joins and unions.

I have a specific query I would love to run…

I have two tables, one with Unique data (“images”) and one with corresponding paths but many replicated records (“files”).

I want to run a query that takes the results from /images/ and also searches /images.file/ as a LIKE statement from /files.path/, sort by /files.filesize/ in descending order returning just the first record (largest file size).  There may be up to 750 records from /images/ and thusly could be 3000+ from /files/.

How on earth do I do this?

—
Ryan