Web lists-archives.com

Re: store search result as new table in memory

> From: Lucio Chiappetti <lucio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, shawn l.green wrote:
>
>> The advantage to using temporary tables is that they can have indexes on them. You can create the indexes when you create the table or you can ALTER the table later to add them.
>
> if they are big, using proper indices is a must to get quick responses.

If your temp tables are read-mostly, create the table with the index. If you're doing a lot of writes, consider adding the index after the insertions.

And the proper answer to any question of moderate or greater complexity is, "It depends..." :-)

:::: I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain