Re: forum vs email [was: Re: table-for-column]
- Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 12:51:55 +0100 (CET)
- From: Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: forum vs email [was: Re: table-for-column]
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jan Steinman" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: forum vs email [was: Re: table-for-column]
> There actually seem to be a lot of these around. I'm on several that send me
> email when there are new forum postings.
Yes, that bit is pretty standard functionality; but usually they're little more than a notification that something was posted, maybe the first few lines of a post.
* The entire post, and as little notification-type content as possible,
* headers and subjects so that mail clients that support threading will thread everything from a single forum topic in a mail thread and vice versa,
* and, most importantly, the ability to also *reply* through mail and have it appear in the forum thread at the appropriate place in the conversation
Those things are what would make it a proper mailing list integration, instead of just another notification tool.
Unhappiness is discouraged and will be corrected with kitten pictures.
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql