Web lists-archives.com

[MPlayer-dev-eng] adding a phase-vocoder to mplayer

Hello Everybody

  I have a a vocoder program that I have written up that works
reasonably well that slows sound by some factor ( say 5 times slower,
whatever you like ) with good fidelity, far better than the current
scaletempo that currently exists. I would like to add it in the style
of 'scaletempo' to mplayer, i.e. something like

  mplayer -speed 0.25 what_ever_parameters_for_the_vocoder

so that when you watch the movie at 1/4 speed the sound is properly
tracking and am wondering if somebody can point me in the right
direction to whatever I need to know to do this.

Bruce