Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer and raw video

On 02/25/2016 09:52 PM, compn wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:12:19 +0100
Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just downloaded r37799, and there are still problems with raw video
in Matroska. Not that it's overly much used, except by me, who likes
to store everything in Matroska nowadays. But it's on the right
track, at least. FFplay handles all of these files correctly (as
expected), so perhaps it would be a good idea to use libavformat's
demuxer for files containing raw video, if at all possible. As you
said yourself, it's hardly top priority, and I know that too, but I
just wanted to make you guys aware of the problems.

mplayer uses lavf mkv by default since a few years, because we stopped
maintaining mplayer mkv demuxer. mplayer mkv demuxer has problems with
h264 iirc.

Interesting fact that it uses lavf mkv. Then it should work correctly, but try this Matroska file with uncompressed 8 bpp QuickTime video, and which MPlayer plays with the wrong colors (works fine with FFplay):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3_pEBoLs0faVmFONjBZMlhYQWc