Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] The future of some old vo drivers

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 23:28:14 +0100
Roberto Togni <rxt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>  this is a list of vo driver that may depend on old hardware, dead
> libraries, and obsolete kernels:

> - vo_vidix, related vos (xover, xvidix, vosub_vidix, winvidix,
> cvidix).

> The main reason for this mail is to understand if these driver are
> still functional with a current kernel and MPlayer version; and if the
> target hardware is still in use today (as a reference I had a 3dfx and
> an S3 card in my pentium1, retired in 2002).

i have seen an incredible renewed interest in people wanting to have
video playing in the terminal or video completely without xorg/x11
support. on the #mplayer irc channel anyhow.

i'm not sure if they are using cvidix or just trying to get fbdev
working.

i have no objection to removal.

-compn