Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Relicensing MPlayer or parts of it to LGPL

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 23:06:46 +0000
Alex Beregszaszi <alex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> > >   ...it will be really really hard to achieve.
> >
> > No, it is just impossible for MPlayer (and all
> > projects that are "based" on it).
>

> Carl Eugen, could you put a pointer to the past conversation (a link
> on gmane would suffice) which explains this in depth?  I was around
> mplayer-g2 times, but can't remember who was against relicensing.
>
> Regarding myself I am happy to (re)license all my contributions to
> MPlayer under LGPL 2.1.
>
> Best,
> Alex

you can relicense all of my commits/code to any lgpl/gpl license.

carl, what about your code? you willing to relicense your code?

like i said before, vlc could not find some authors and rewrote that
code themselves. its not impossible to relicense. just difficult and
time consuming.

-compn