Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 00:17:38 +0000
Mark Thompson <sw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28/11/15 23:14, Andy Furniss wrote:
> > Mark Thompson wrote:

> > <snip>
> >
> >> Ok: in the absence of any evidence that the problem is on the mplayer
> >> side, I will ignore this?
> >
> > I am not really qualified to say whether it's mplayer or not - as per my
> > other post mpv doesn't seem to have any issues.
>
> I didn't see that before my previous message.  I guess I could have a
> look at mpv to see what happens differently, but that could be an
> arbitrarily large timesink.  Unclear how to proceed.

mpv's vo_vaapi is based on the mplayer-vaapi repo's (just as your
patches), but in addition to mpv's changes over mplayer in general, the
vaapi code has been heavily changed. mpv also doesn't recommend using
vo_vaapi at all, but prefer vo_opengl EGL interop instead. The vaapi
video output API is pretty crap and tends to be buggy. It doesn't
prevent tearing in all cases either. I don't think anyone at Intel
really cares about the output API.

But vo_vaapi.c still has a vaPutSurface() call. The only thing that
seems different is that mpv actually uses the src part of
calc_src_dest_rects?