Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver

On 28/11/15 23:14, Andy Furniss wrote:
Mark Thompson wrote:
On 28/11/15 21:31, Andy Furniss wrote:

Looks like it's a gallium thing - I run git mesa and there have been a
few changes around va/vaapi recently.

<snip>

Ok: in the absence of any evidence that the problem is on the mplayer
side, I will ignore this?

I am not really qualified to say whether it's mplayer or not - as per my
other post mpv doesn't seem to have any issues.

I didn't see that before my previous message. I guess I could have a look at mpv to see what happens differently, but that could be an arbitrarily large timesink. Unclear how to proceed.

I crash/assert instantly with the new patch in the case of anamorphic.

Yuck. Were you ever able to play one stream repeatedly in the same instance of mplayer (-loop 0) with any of these patches? This change should be (mostly) equivalent to doing that with the previous version.

I think both of those stacktraces are saying that the VAAPI context isn't in a good state:

VO: [vaapi] 720x576 => 720x576 MPEG-2 VA-API Acceleration
VO: [vaapi] 720x576 => 1024x576 MPEG-2 VA-API Acceleration

In this one it looks like the hwaccel context hasn't been initialised properly when we try to decode, so something nasty happens inside ffmpeg.

VO: [vaapi] 1440x1080 => 1440x1080 H.264 VA-API Acceleration
VO: [vaapi] 1440x1080 => 1920x1080 H.264 VA-API Acceleration

In this one it asserts because there aren't any free surfaces for it to give to ffmpeg. Unless you actually got some output, I think we probably don't have any surfaces at all because the reinit after the output resolution change didn't work.