Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver
- Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 21:31:24 +0000
- From: Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver
Mark Thompson wrote:
On 28/11/15 18:57, Andy Furniss wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:
There is also an issue when full screen with anamorphic. It fills the
screen OK, but while the overlay is displayed there is a chance of
some corruption over the picture and depending on size of vid tested
the overlay its self may be chopped off.
In fact saying anamorphic above is wrong, anything fullscreen that gets
scaled will do. The corruption seems to be random/old gpu mem contents
and it usualy varies with each overlay draw - eg repeatedly pressing /
or * to adjust volume will get different corruption each press.
On my 1920x1080 monitor content the same res does not have the issue.
When lower res content is displayed in initial window there is no
I just tried making bigger the initial window and using overlay and got -
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: flip_page
This is all totally fine for me (upscale, downscale, fullscreen with
upscale, fullscreen with downscale, OSD on top of all of those things).
Can you describe precisely how you got that crash, and ideally a
backtrace to go with it?
To get this I started playing in a window then stretched the window to
make it bigger then made OSD appear.
It is possible to do this without crashing - corruption is seen instead.
Looks like it's a gallium thing - I run git mesa and there have been a
few changes around va/vaapi recently.
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
__memcpy_sse2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../memcpy.S:273
273 ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../memcpy.S: No such file or directory.
#0 __memcpy_sse2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../memcpy.S:273
#1 0x00007fffea5a599c in util_copy_rect (dst=<optimized out>,
format=<optimized out>, dst_stride=<optimized out>, dst_x=0,
dst_y=<optimized out>, width=2880, height=576,
src=0x555557797060 <error: Cannot access memory at address
0x555557797060>, src_stride=3528, src_x=0, src_y=<optimized out>) at
#2 0x00007fffea54630f in upload_sampler (src_x=<optimized out>,
src_y=<optimized out>, dst=<optimized out>, src_stride=<optimized out>,
src=<optimized out>, dst_box=<optimized out>, pipe=<optimized out>) at
#3 vlVaPutSubpictures (surf=<optimized out>, surf=<optimized out>,
dst_rect=<optimized out>, src_rect=<optimized out>,
dirty_area=<optimized out>, surf_draw=<optimized out>, drv=<optimized
out>) at surface.c:209
#4 vlVaPutSurface (ctx=0x7fffe6fc4780, surface_id=1467576416,
draw=0x7fffffffd1a0, srcx=360, srcy=1, srcw=720, srch=576, destx=0,
desty=104, destw=881, desth=496, cliprects=0x0, number_cliprects=0,
flags=18) at surface.c:277
#5 0x00005555556f952d in put_surface_x11 (surface=<optimized out>) at
#6 put_surface (surface=0x7fffe6fc4780) at libvo/vo_vaapi.c:2250
#7 0x00005555556f9ad9 in flip_page () at libvo/vo_vaapi.c:2401
#8 0x00005555556c078d in main (argc=4, argv=0x7fffffffe458) at
I also tried anamorphic video. There is something a bit strange going
on because I got the behaviour you described with extra black bars when
playing in a window, but it did the right thing once it went fullscreen.
Maybe it's just that the window is made initially with the wrong
Yes, I tried with a different 16/9 sample 544x576 and that is the size
of the initial window.
MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list