Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Replace deprecated avctx->request_channels

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 01:23:26AM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> The attached patch replaces the deprecated usage of
> avctx->request_channels, and replaces it with
> avctx->request_channel_layout, and also fills it with the default
> layout for the given number of channels.
>
> It should be equivalent for 1 and 2 channels; I have no idea if the
> defaults for more channels are the same as before. The old
> request_channels was used in ffmpeg only for ac3, aac, dca, and mpl.
>

> It works for me, but I can test it only with stereo speakers.
>

> Can anybody familiar with this code check if the behaviour is changed
> in some cases?

i dont know if there are any corner cases where it results in
different behavior ...
but the patch LGTM

[...]

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes