Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] mpcodec: Use XXX_INLINE defines for inline asm

On 8 November 2014 00:38, Erik Auerswald <auerswal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 11:33:40PM +1100, Matt Oliver wrote:
> > This patch is based on one supplied to FFmpeg devel. Currently the
> mpcodec
> > code uses pre-processor defines such as HAVE_MMX for inline asm, given
> > mplayer and ffmpeg have a HAVE_MMX_INLINE define specific for inline asm
> > then the preprocessors can be changed to the _INLINE variants which were
> > made for this purpose.
> >
> > This allows for proper compilation on architectures where things like MMX
> > are available but inline asm isnt and is required for compiling mpcodec
> > with compilers that dont support inline asm (such as msvc as used by
> > FFmpeg).
> >
> > This patch updates all sections in mpcodecs not just those used by FFmpeg
> > in order to keep everything consistent. Let me know what you think.
>
> I think you have missed changing configure, so this patch cannot work
> correctly.

The HAVE_MMX_INLINE etc. defines already exist in the current configure and
are output to config.h so this doesnt break anything on the mplayer side.
It just uses the existing _INLINE defines for inline asm. This patch only
deals with mpcodecs as a few other locations would need work to allow for
globally turning of inline specific asm but at the least for the moment
this allows for correct compilation of the libmpcodec sections used
downstream in ffmpeg (which already has configure support) and can be used
as a first step toward full support in mplayer.