Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch adding GNU TLS support to mplayer
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 19:02:51 +0200
- From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch adding GNU TLS support to mplayer
On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 07:52:51AM +0200, Oleksandr Ostrenko wrote:
> Lately more of youtube videos are streamed over https, which makes smtube
> with mplayer back-end fail with an error message stating there was no stream
> to handle. In order to solve this issue, I made this patch adding GNU TLS
> support to mplayer (see attached gnu_tls_draft.patch and the TLS
> implementation in tls.h and tls.c, both files to be copied to 'stream'
> subdirectory) and would like to send it in for a review. I also took into
> consideration a previous attempt to add similar functionality to mplayer
> (see http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-February/049277.html).
1) I think it would be nicer to have fewer ifdefs, there
should be a few places where dummy macros/function stubs could work.
2) What is the problem with using https via FFmpeg? It is listed
in stream_ffmpeg.c so it should actually just work...
MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list