Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf

Reimar DÃffinger wrote:
On 21 September 2014 15:57:19 GMT+01:00, Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
wm4 wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:26:56 +0100
Reimar DÃffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 02:06:04PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
Reimar DÃffinger wrote:
On 18 September 2014 00:40:14 CEST, Andy Furniss
<adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On all 3 of my disks (on HD) lavf now works without cache and
seeking
works on 2 of them.

One just gets EOF when seeking with lavf with or without cache,
it
works
without lavf.

There are two differences from the working - it's encrypted and
it's
also made up of lots of small .m2ts for multilingual reasons I
guess
whereas the other 2 the main film is just one large .m2ts.

I would bet that if you dumpstream'd the title and tried to seek
in ffplay you'd get the same issue.

Yes, ffplay can't seek properly on a dumpstream.

Could you try attached patch (for FFmpeg) on the bluray?
I have not tested it at all though.

You don't need this. Bluray works quite well in mpv (as some users
report), and there I just forbid demux_lavf to do seeks.

Yea, but I guess it doesn't know a dumpstream is a br, so doesn't work
on my sample.

Neither will my patch though.
My patch should only fix seeking with the combination of br:// and demuxer lavf.

OK. Just to confirm - I did test -demuxer lavf br:// and it doesn't help.