Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 07:42:39PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 09:34:48PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
Grozdan wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed a problem when using Blu-ray input together with
demuxer lavf. The MPlayer cmd is as follows

mplayer br:// -bluray-device disc.br -vo null -vc dummy
-demuxer lavf -frames 1

The problem is that MPlayer does not stop after reading one
frame (-frames 1) but goes on to read the *full* Blu-ray, until
the end. You can imagine doing this on a 30-50GB bluray input.
It trashes the disk until it reaches the end of the BD

The same goes if you use something simple as: mplayer br://
-bluray-device disc.br -demuxer lavf

I've tried to get it work but was not able to do it. The only
option is to omit -demuxer lavf which then "works" but the
terminal gets spammed with error messages and playback is
virtually impossible!

Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -

-cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an
encrypted disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of
course).

I think there are at least 2 bugs :(. MPlayer asks bd_seek to seek
to a completely nonsense position: s->pos=548000
newpos=7F94F8105800  new_bufpos=7F94F8106179  buflen=0 However
instead of either seeking to EOF or returning an error, bd_seek
just does nothing. The bd_seek documentation unfortunately says
nothing at all about what happens for errors.

I fixed a good bunch of issues, hopefully all this works more
reasonably now.

Almost, but not quite for me.

On all 3 of my disks (on HD) lavf now works without cache and seeking
works on 2 of them.

One just gets EOF when seeking with lavf with or without cache, it works
without lavf.

There are two differences from the working - it's encrypted and it's
also made up of lots of small .m2ts for multilingual reasons I guess
whereas the other 2 the main film is just one large .m2ts.