Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf




On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Grozdan wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Grozdan wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I've noticed a problem when using Blu-ray input together with
>>>> demuxer lavf. The MPlayer cmd is as follows
>>>>
>>>> mplayer br:// -bluray-device disc.br -vo null -vc dummy -demuxer
>>>> lavf -frames 1
>>>>
>>>> The problem is that MPlayer does not stop after reading one
>>>> frame (-frames 1) but goes on to read the *full* Blu-ray, until
>>>> the end. You can imagine doing this on a 30-50GB bluray input. It
>>>> trashes the disk until it reaches the end of the BD
>>>>
>>>> The same goes if you use something simple as: mplayer br://
>>>> -bluray-device disc.br -demuxer lavf
>>>>
>>>> I've tried to get it work but was not able to do it. The only
>>>> option is to omit -demuxer lavf which then "works" but the
>>>> terminal gets spammed with error messages and playback is
>>>> virtually impossible!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -
>>>
>>> -cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an encrypted
>>> disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of course).
>>
>>
>> Thanks! Works here too :)
>
>
> Good, though further testing shows that seeking is broken for me - it
> may result in ending up right at the start.
>
> The issues are also present with unencrypted disk dumps.
>
> With git libbluray + svn mplayer I don't get the issues you report
> without -demuxer lavf - it works well with or without cache - seeks are
> OK. I am playing from HD and I know the normal transport stream nits
> apply - slightly out lipsync (on the un-natural audio leading side) and
> non primary sound track often selected, both can of course be tweaked at
> runtime.

I'm mostly concerned with encoding BDs but before I do that I need to
get some info from them, hence for using lavf demuxer. Without your
workaround, both mplayer and mencoder would read the whole disc. Now
both work "as they should" :)

(yes, I know mencoder is not maintained and I'm the only user on this
planet still loving and using it :P)

>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list
> MPlayer-dev-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-dev-eng



-- 
Yours truly
_______________________________________________
MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list
MPlayer-dev-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxx
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-dev-eng