Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf




Grozdan wrote:
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Grozdan wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed a problem when using Blu-ray input together with
demuxer lavf. The MPlayer cmd is as follows

mplayer br:// -bluray-device disc.br -vo null -vc dummy -demuxer
lavf -frames 1

The problem is that MPlayer does not stop after reading one
frame (-frames 1) but goes on to read the *full* Blu-ray, until
the end. You can imagine doing this on a 30-50GB bluray input. It
trashes the disk until it reaches the end of the BD

The same goes if you use something simple as: mplayer br://
-bluray-device disc.br -demuxer lavf

I've tried to get it work but was not able to do it. The only
option is to omit -demuxer lavf which then "works" but the
terminal gets spammed with error messages and playback is
virtually impossible!


Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -

-cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an encrypted
disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of course).

Thanks! Works here too :)

Good, though further testing shows that seeking is broken for me - it
may result in ending up right at the start.

The issues are also present with unencrypted disk dumps.

With git libbluray + svn mplayer I don't get the issues you report
without -demuxer lavf - it works well with or without cache - seeks are
OK. I am playing from HD and I know the normal transport stream nits
apply - slightly out lipsync (on the un-natural audio leading side) and
non primary sound track often selected, both can of course be tweaked at
runtime.

_______________________________________________
MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list
MPlayer-dev-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxx
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-dev-eng