Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf

Grozdan wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed a problem when using Blu-ray input together with demuxer
lavf. The MPlayer cmd is as follows

mplayer br:// -bluray-device disc.br -vo null -vc dummy -demuxer lavf -frames 1

The problem is that MPlayer does not stop after reading one frame
(-frames 1) but goes on to read the *full* Blu-ray, until the end. You
can imagine doing this on a 30-50GB bluray input. It trashes the disk
until it reaches the end of the BD

The same goes if you use something simple as: mplayer br://
-bluray-device disc.br -demuxer lavf

I've tried to get it work but was not able to do it. The only option
is to omit -demuxer lavf which then "works" but the terminal gets
spammed with error messages and playback is virtually impossible!

Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -

-cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an encrypted disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of course).