Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] gui ignores mplayer volume option

On 7/29/2014 2:56 PM, Ingo Brückl wrote:
Does this mean it'll work with real Windows, but not with Wine?
The difference between mygui and GuiInfo [...]
 From what I've experienced I'd say that the thread gets and uses it's own
copy of guiInfo, so at running time there are two instances of it. (I thought
a global variable would be mutually accessible.)

In the meantime, I have a working solution for assigning the skin defaults to
the "right" copy of guiInfo, but it seems that there are some bugs with
setting volume and/or balance (evSetVolume, evSetBalance,
GUI_SET_VOLUME_BALANCE) in the Win32 GUI (with dsound, at least).

Possibly we are using different thread options with Wine and Mingw. On mingw, I use --disable-pthreads. I think I did this because the pthread library was not available in a static link. On Wine, this was a problem,
so I just got rid of that option.