Web lists-archives.com

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Problems with RLE8 and CRAM encoding in MKV

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 01:51:58AM -0700, Mats Peterson wrote:
> Hello. I have tried to convert some old AVI files with RLE8 and CRAM encoding to MKV, using "mkvmerge -o <outfile> <infile>". MPlayer has no problems playing the AVI files, however, playing the MKV files results in audio only, with a blank screen. Where lies the problem? In mkvmerge or mplayer? You can find samples at http://alicja.homelinux.com/~mats/stuff/vidsamp/.

Sorry, it seems I have been too late...
If you can point to the samples once more or upload to our server that
is welcome.
In general I suspect that MKV has used a special encoding for these
that we just haven't added support for yet.