Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] Expunge printf from vidix/
- Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 20:32:37 +0200
- From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] Expunge printf from vidix/
On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 10:54:09AM +0200, Arne Bochem wrote:
> While tracking down a case of "-really-quiet isn't really quiet" in
> #mplayer yesterday, I noticed that most vidix related code uses printf
> instead of mp_msg. The attached patch gets rid of printf in favour of
> mp_msg. It also adds proper module attribution to a few messages in
> vidix/ that were missing it (e.g. in vidix/drivers.c).
> Caveats: Most messages are MSGL_STATUS. This could use some more
> thought, but it should be an improvement anyway. Also, I can't really
> test the vidix code, but it compiles and I don't really see how this
> could have broken anything.
I am kind of undecided.
>From my point two things speak against it (but this isn't meant
as an outright rejection):
1) vidix is/used to be an external project, even though we admittedly
modified it a lot
2) does anyone still actually care about it anyway?
MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list