Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Google forced adds on Chrome

EnDeeGee wrote:
On 2019-06-01 1:36 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Google just killed to ability to use add blockers from Chrome.
I did notice that you can no longer use ublock orgin on Chrome.

Do you expect us to take your word for it.
Proof required. Links where uBlock origin doesn't work in Chrome.

Brave is the alternative if you really have your heart set on using
the Blink engine.

Isn't Brave a Chrome clone?

https://developers.slashdot.org/story/19/05/31/2110257/google-struggles-to-justify-why-its-restricting-ad-blockers-in-chrome carries the story, I did not actually bother to RTFA but it appears to be a change which is scheduled but has not been released yet. I've known about it for around a year (a guess) just by following the appropriate media.
Since I don't use Chrome (tested but rejected) I don't really care.

--
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/