Web lists-archives.com

Re: userChrome.css and userContent.css disabled by default in Fx 69+

On 5/24/2019 7:29 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/24/19 9:37 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> WaltS48:
>>
>>> Users with new installs of version 69.0 will have to set the preference
>>> in about:config.
>>
>> It is much preferable to use the user.js for such matters. Together with
>> a comment. I assume here, that the user.js is still evaluated in FF
>> during startup. :)
>>
>> Hartmut
>>

> How does one use user.js to customize the look of the user interface?

Windows 7
SeaMonkey 2.49.4

The entries in my user.js file include doing the following.  Yes, many
of these can done via [Edit > Prefences] or <about:config>.  However,
the use of user.js means I do not have to remember what I changed --
generally via PrefBar -- in order to restore my preferred settings.
Instead, all I have to do is terminate SeaMonkey and then relaunch it.

*  Set my background color to pale mint green.  (Two preference: one to
set the color and the other to enable color.  Some sites display as
white text on a black background, which is horrible.)

*  Disable popups if I forget that I enabled them.

*  Display images only from requested domain.  (Some Web sites cannot be
properly viewed unless I enable all images.)

I also use user.js becasue it allows me to annotate why I am changing
preferences.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Donald Trump lied his way onto the Forbes 400 richest people list.
<https://tinyurl.com/yx9ebrqz>