Web lists-archives.com

Re: "Firefox Is Now Faster Than Ever Before"

On 5/21/2019 5:39 PM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2019-05-21 15:35, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/21/2019 11:42 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Firefox Is Now Faster Than Ever Before"
https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/web-browsers/mozilla-firefox/207011/firefox-is-now-faster-than-ever-before

"Firefox is today releasing Firefox 67 to introduce a bunch of new
performance improvements. The company is changing how Firefox works and
renders web pages to help speed things up. And according to the company,
the latest release of Firefox is faster than ever before."

Lynn

What we now have are faster client applications (e.g., Firefox), faster
modems and routers, and faster broadband speeds but servers that cannot
deliver Internet packets fast enough to provide any appreciable overall
improvement in speed.

Oh, they can. But on the one hand, the providers aren't providing the fiber optic (fiber optic) required; and on the other hand, they have permission to throttle speeds. Why innovate and improve if you don't have to? That just wastes shareholders' dollars.

Enjoy life while you still can,

Just checking my provider's speed (Comcast) at a little over 200Mbps. I have their highest speed plan which can go to 1000 but have never clocked much above 500. There is a fiber optic going to the bottom of my development but then split into cable and I assume I will never see max unless everyone else using it is off line. No big deal to me as all my needs are satisfied at current speeds. I also have a FIOS terminal in my house and was using for land line only but terminated that last month when I lost consulting client that paid for it. I could switch to all FIOS but bottom line would probably be the same with speeds and cost and I hear they are harder to deal with and increase costs even if you have a contract for 2 years.