Web lists-archives.com

Re: Better eMail Server

On 23/05/2019 12:49, Brian wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> All the technical problems with zoho.com's mail server
>> are driving me nuts.  And zoho will help you with
>> your problems, but their's, it is go to hell.
>>
>> gMail is technically sound, but invades your privacy
>> with reckless abandon.
>>
>> Proton does not work with Thunderbird unless you rent
>> a translator utility from them.
>>
>> Anyone have a security mail server they like that is
>> imap and Thunderbird friendly?
>>
> I've used Pair Networks for the last 20+ years (https://www.pair.com)
> but they are really a web hosting company with a domain registrar
> offshoot, so their minimum package provides you your mail, ftp and web
> and costs from $5.95/month according to their website (I have a
> grandfathered rate, one of their promises was that they would never
> raise their rates, and I'm still paying 1997 rates). They've been
> absolutely rock solid in my experience, and their support is first class.
>
> No interest other than as a happy customer.
>
> Brian.

If you want to run your own server then, on Windows, I'd recommend
MailEnable Standard. This handles IMAP, POP3, SMTP and SSL just fine and
is free.
http://www.mailenable.com/

(And, to be fair, this is obviously not a Thunderbird support question
and the OP would help themselves to be helped if they used a working
email address).

--
Mark Rousell