Web lists-archives.com

Re: Microsoft’s new Office icons are part of a bigger design overhaul

Sailfish wrote:
REF: https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18117580/microsoft-office-new-icons-2018-design-features

[excerpt quote=\"
The new icons deemphasize the letter for each Office app, but still manage to look familiar. “Our design solution was to de-couple the letter and the symbol from the icons, essentially creating two panels (one for the letter and one for the symbol) that we can pair or separate,” explains Jon Friedman, partner director of design at Microsoft. “This allows us to maintain familiarity while still emphasizing simplicity when inside the app.”
\" /]
Admittedly, they're not yet again skeuomorphic but there's no denying that the "new modern" eschews the ugly flat design forced on consumers several years back.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18117580/microsoft-office-new-icons-2018-design-features

I still like /libre office/ better

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
        -- Albert Einstein

Fedora 30
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816