Web lists-archives.com

Technical Details on the Recent Firefox Add-on Outage

<https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/05/technical-details-on-the-recent-firefox-add-on-outage/?utm_source=dev-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may16-2019&utm_content=firefox>

Recently, Firefox had an incident in which most add-ons stopped working. This was due to an error on our end: we let one of the certificates used to sign add-ons expire which had the effect of disabling the vast majority of add-ons. Now that we’ve fixed the problem for most users and most people’s add-ons are restored, I wanted to walk through the details of what happened, why, and how we repaired it.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.