Web lists-archives.com

Re: Add-ons "unverified..."

My bloviated meandering follows what »Q« graced us with on 5/7/2019 7:40 AM:
In <news:9budnWyWO_hwak3BnZ2dnUU7-WvNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've never quite recovered from losing a bunch after XPCOM/XUL was
desupported after Fx28.

Same.  I keep a bunch of them installed and occasionally click the
'Find a Replacement' links on the 'Unsupported' tab of the extensions
manager.  Sometimes I'm taken to an extension page on AMO which is
definitely not any kind of replacement for the old extension;  usually
I'm just taken to the 'Featured Add-ons' section of AMO.

I still have my Fx 28.x installed and bring it up occasionally just so I never forget how useful (and multi-cultured with themes) it was. It used to be a canvas, allowing enthusiasts to vent their creative impulses with awesome extensions and add-ons. That's something that deserves remembering, imo.

--
Sailfish