Web lists-archives.com

Re: Add-ons "unverified..."

clay wrote:
Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Don Spam's Reckless Son graced us with on 5/6/2019 3:55 AM:
Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what jetjock graced us with on 5/5/2019 9:13 AM:

Since the 52.x line is legacied, I doubt any security or any other updates will be coming along anyway, except for an errant cert "fix" or so :-) So, as long as I don't install any other add-ons, I expect I'm as good as I'm going to get with that release version.

The certificate problem was caused by a certificate expiring, not by any update to Firefox itself - although obviously a previous update to FF imposed that requirement in the first place. They are releasing updates to fix this mess: One on Saturday (fixed it for some people), one on Sunday (fixed it for some more, including ESR and Android).  More is still to come. The product manager for add-ons said "In particular, please do not delete and/or reinstall any add-ons as an attempt to fix the issue".

Yes, that is my understanding, as well. My 'errant cert "fix"' comment should have been encapsulated in [sarcasm] tag.

Now I'm confused. Are your add-ons back to life on v52 ESR or not, because mt 52.9.0 is still jacked after trying the xpinstall.bla FALSE and hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

fscking thing even teased me by showing "Classic Theme Restorer will be enabled after restart" then shuffled it off to disabledland after the restart.

All my browsers at home are jacked.

I foolishly* opened my work browser today because Moz said the problem had been resolved.
Surprise, surprise. it's still broke.

(*without first backing up the profile, doh...)

Updates have been released which should fix the problem, that specifically includes ESR and Android. I posted twice - 6 minutes apart - yesterday and the second posting links to an information page on how to deal with this problem. If there is an update available, apply it. You may have to take further action.

--
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/