Web lists-archives.com

Re: Latest FF Fiasco

On 05/06/2019 04:20 PM, »Q« wrote:
In <news:ff2dnZlI6azfD03BnZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
clay <cl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
> I've written several on-top posts in the m.s.f group which have
> been censored.  I wonder if Chris is just deleting the really angry
> ones (like mine) resulting in no feedback at all about angry users
> to the shithead(s) responsible.

Only part was angry. One part explained what NOT to do and another part asked a question.

I posted the reply below and it doesn't seem particularly snippy (to
me, anyway). Apparently, it's been censored.

I don't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure he'd see your post as not
seeking or offering support.  That'd be enough for him to want to stop
it going through, but I don't know what rules (if any) he holds himself
to these days.  Bev's attempts to use the support group for angry user
feedback wouldn't have gotten through under any of the rules used since
moderation started.

For at least a little while during the Great Browser Clobbering Fiasco,
he seems to have been holding every message for moderation, which isn't
normal.  I got an automagic e-mail notice that said

   Your mail to 'support-firefox' with the subject

     Re: What happen with firefox, lot extensions moved to unverified
     status

   The reason it is being held:

     Header matched regexp: To:
   mozilla-support-firefox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is mine:

 The reason it is being held:
    Header matched regexp: From: .*bashley101.*

It's been that way since at least last November, the oldest one I'd saved.

The way the mail/news thing is set up, that matches every post,
e-mailed or NNTP'd.  The automagic notice also said

   notification of the moderator's decision.

That was over 24 hours ago, during which time he must have cleared his
moderation queue (since posts have been appearing since then).  My post
never showed up and I received no notification of his decision.  Is
that what usually happens these days when he rejects a message?

Apparently. He probably assumes we know why we were censored, which we probably do most of the time. I've been censored for what seemed to me acceptable posts according to the rules, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."