Web lists-archives.com

Re: Latest FF Fiasco

»Q« wrote:
In <news:ff2dnZlI6azfD03BnZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
clay <cl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
> I've written several on-top posts in the m.s.f group which have
> been censored.  I wonder if Chris is just deleting the really angry
> ones (like mine) resulting in no feedback at all about angry users
> to the shithead(s) responsible.
I posted the reply below and it doesn't seem particularly snippy (to
me, anyway). Apparently, it's been censored.

I don't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure he'd see your post as not
seeking or offering support.  That'd be enough for him to want to stop
it going through, but I don't know what rules (if any) he holds himself
to these days.  Bev's attempts to use the support group for angry user
feedback wouldn't have gotten through under any of the rules used since
moderation started.

For at least a little while during the Great Browser Clobbering Fiasco,
he seems to have been holding every message for moderation, which isn't
normal.  I got an automagic e-mail notice that said

  Your mail to 'support-firefox' with the subject

    Re: What happen with firefox, lot extensions moved to unverified
    status

  The reason it is being held:

    Header matched regexp: To:
  mozilla-support-firefox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way the mail/news thing is set up, that matches every post,
e-mailed or NNTP'd.  The automagic notice also said

  notification of the moderator's decision.

That was over 24 hours ago, during which time he must have cleared his
moderation queue (since posts have been appearing since then). My post never showed up and I received no notification of his decision. Is
that what usually happens these days when he rejects a message?

[no new text follows, but since I commented on the below I don't want
to snip it]

notification of the moderator's decision.

<snipp>
Thanks »Q«, for the explainer.

Now I regret not using a legit email address when I started posting here more than a decade ago.