Web lists-archives.com

Re: Oh the hypocrisy!

On 2019-05-05 21:21, PietB wrote:
Wolf K wrote:
Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
Found this, and I kid you not:

"Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
steal your information have become increasingly common. "

Just like Mozilla, in fact.

Oh the hypocrisy!

How true.

For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.

Which browser(s) would you recommend then?
Not Chrome, Safari, Edge or Opera, because they'll deprive you
of the possibility to block the privacy-violating tracking
euphemistically called "hyperlink auditing".

-p

Good question. I've downloaded plae Moon installer, will experiment with it.

In the meantime, I've been able to restore tab bar to my preferred position vi a userChrome.css file I found online. So FF OK for now.

This has been a worthwhile "learning opportunity" (LO), so I guess I should be grateful. At my age, they are few and far between. Pointless or trivial LOs abound...

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com