Web lists-archives.com

Re: People, quit bitching....

On 2019-05-05 20:31, WaltS48 wrote:
On 5/5/19 6:09 PM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2019-05-04 17:44, WaltS48 wrote:
On 5/4/19 3:09 PM, EnDeeGee wrote:

... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)

Lost of good and better browsers out there.

Not bitching here. I didn't notice any problem with extensions not working in my Firefox Nightly 68.0a1.

The about:studies fixes were already applied.
[...]

OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where they belong,m below the title and toolbars.

Thanks,

They belong right where they are in the Title Bar so I can't be of any help there

Nope, they belong where you want them, and they belong where I want them. If we want them in different places, that's OK.

What's _not_ OK is that FF dictates where they will be.

So if anyone else can guide me to a solution, thanks very much. There was a thread about this, but I didn't store the relevant posts. More fool me....

PS: I vaguely recall some waffle about "user metrics" indicating that tabs (or other user controls) at the top of the screen are "more efficient" than elsewhere. Mebbe so, but the ergonomic numbers I saw when I looked for some a few years ago indicated that the efficiencies were on the order of microseconds. IOW utterly pointless. The same metrics show that a Dvorak keyboard layout is more efficient - for English only.

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com