Web lists-archives.com

Re: Extensions screw-up

On 05/05/2019 12:54 PM, Frosted Flake wrote:
😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
for extensions'
How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons.

Add-Ons can introduce bugs and malware because nobody has the time to
look at their codes and scrutinise them.  Therefore, to be safe avoid them.

I was using only one Add-On called ColorZilla but that had stopped
working but it is not the end of me using FF,  In any case I wasn't
actually dependent on that Add-On so I'm not missing it.  In fact I
didn't realise it has stopped working until I saw spam posts talking
about Add-Ons here and on Windows 10 Newsgroup.  I have now filtered all
posts about this crap on Windows because it is generating hundreds of
useless posts.

[---------> This post is best viewed when HTML is enabled --------->]

*LIFE MUST GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ADD-ONS*

The ONLY addon that I really use is Roboform and I can work around that,
it is just a PITA to do so.

How do YOU manage passwords without using the cloud?

I let Firefox do it.  I also keep a text file.  Good enough.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Some people say that when it rains it means that God is crying,