Web lists-archives.com

Re: Add-ons "unverified..."

On 4 May 2019 at 14:53, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2019-05-04 14:00, Hartdonor wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 May 2019 13:59:22 -0400, in mozilla.general, Wolf K wrote:
> >
> >> Several of my fave add-ons "could not be verified..."
> >>
> >> Bah!
> >>
> >> I want 'em back. I don't give a rat's ass for warnings about security
> >> problems with unverified add-ons.
> >>
> >> Either add in the most popular add-on functionalities, or let us take
> >> the risks with whatever add-ons we want. We're grown ups.
> >>
> >> Really!
> >>
> >> Best wishes.
> >
> > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-failing-install-firefox
> >

> "Studies" is not installed/enabled on my version of Firefox. I stopped
> updating FF after the last one messed with my preferred screen layout. I
> installed the prior version, which was more customisable. Unfortunately,
> this version accepted the silent update that disabled my extensions.
>
> Bah! Double bah!
>
> [Draft of blunt remarks about moz designers/developers' mindset snipped.
> I may not be as nice next time, though.]
>
> --
> Wolf K

I found yesterday they had even done it to my old 52.9 ESR which they
supposedly stopped updating long ago, but I corrected it by switching off the
check in about:config and then re-enabling them, so they now work again.

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com  which doesn't spy on you