Web lists-archives.com

Re: Add-ons "unverified..."

My bloviated meandering follows what jetjock graced us with on 5/5/2019 9:13 AM:

Speaking of Bah!

Yesterday I did a TeamViewer to my sister's computer to fix a Eudora problem. I had no sooner finished when out the blue, FF ESR 52.9 decided to check out it's add-ons, even though it is set to never update! It then flashed a message that it could not find certificates ( or something like that) and had disabled some add-ons. When I looked, it had disabled every add-on except Tab Mix Plus. Remembering what someone had posted yesterday about setting "xpinstall...." settings in about:config to false (which I had done on my machine earlier), I did the same on hers. When I restarted FF, all her add-ons were back and active.

Changing xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config from true to false worked well for my Fx52.9 re-enabled my disabled Ghostery, as well.

I'll gladly forsake a little overblown "security" for actully being able to use my computer!!

Since the 52.x line is legacied, I doubt any security or any other updates will be coming along anyway, except for an errant cert "fix" or so :-) So, as long as I don't install any other add-ons, I expect I'm as good as I'm going to get with that release version.

--
Sailfish