Web lists-archives.com

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free problem

On 4/21/19 9:42 PM, Cows are Nice wrote:

<...>

> I thought that Unix didn't run on the IBM-compatible X86 PC
> microcomputer that ordinary citizens could afford, and that was why
> Torvalds rewrote it.

It was on a different project to the one on which I was working, but
my recollection is that we had an 80286 PC running some version of
Unix at the software house at which I worked in the mid-1980s. When I
said I investigated SCO Unix, it was definitely on an 80286-based
machine, I have no knowledge of anything Unix-ish which worked on a PC
XT.

Brian