Web lists-archives.com

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free problem

😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 21/04/2019 5:14 AM:
On 20/04/2019 17:59, WaltS48 wrote:

But just in case they are.

<https://vitux.com/secure-ubuntu-with-clamav-antivirus/>

Installed on both my Ubuntu and Mint versions of Linux which are both better than the Microsoft junk on my laptop. ;)

That might be the case but the OP is using Windows and he asked about something called "AVG Anti-Virus Free".  There is no point in telling him what other people are using because he can surely use common sense to work that out unless Luis knows that the OP is demented and needs some guidance like an old person suffering from dementia.  I don't make assumptions about people although the only assumption I make is that the poster has some common sense which may not be common with all the people on this planet!!!

"the OP is demented" .... "like an old person suffering from dementia"!!

Can a person "suffering from dementia" NOT be demented??

So you really think that Microsoft is Junk?  Why is there products so widely used by people in this world?  As I understand it, Linux (or its variant) was around well before Microsoft started yet it over took Linux in all departments.  do you know why?

I'm guessing that because Microsoft allowed Computer retailers to install copies of Win 95/98 on to personal computers free-of-charge, knowing that they would then lock in a large portion of the SOHO market to future versions of Windows ... where MS would then be able to make their money ... and, most likely, also lock in the Business market because Business would not then have to train their employees in a different "new" OS!!

  People keep telling us that they are stuck in using Windows because they have already invested in software and training so they can't change.  If this is true then why did this NOT happen with Linux when there was nothing to compete against them?  Surely Microsoft did something right to win all those users.

Because the was not really one single Corporate entity behind Linux .... and Unix was basically Business focused, so not interested in SOHO markets.

IMHO, of course!! ;-)
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623