Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Web Things

On 4/18/2019 10:23 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> The Mozilla IoT team is excited to announce that after two years of development and seven quarterly software updates that have generated significant interest from the developer & maker community, Project Things is graduating from its early experimental phase and from now on will be known as Mozilla WebThings.
>
> REF: <https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/04/introducing-mozilla-webthings/>
>
> I'm so missing out because my refrigerator isn't connected to my coffee
> maker which isn't connected to the dishwasher and other things.

I know that at least one close neighbor uses WiFi for their Internet
access.  However, I disabled WiFi on own router and modem.  Our
computers are in a wired LAN.

I had to replace the wall thermostat for my heating and cooling system
about two years ago.  At Home Depot, I had trouble finding a thermostat
that was NOT WiFi emabled.  I definitely did not want a neighbor
controlling the temperature in my house.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Why did Donald Trump demand that Hillary Clinton be locked up
in jail?  Because she used a non-government E-mail server for
government business.

Now Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump -- Trump's son-in-law and
daughter -- are using non-government E-mail servers for
government business, an excellent example of hypocrisy.

Lock up Jared and Ivanka!!