Web lists-archives.com

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free problem

WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/20/19 10:52 AM, Luis wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Is anybody else here using AVG Anti-Virus Free??

I've been using it for at least a couple of years, updating the definitions daily and the program when advised that there was an update available.

Generally, each day after updating, I'd do a complete scan of my Windows 7 directories/programs, with nary a virus ever found!!

On April 9,2019, it's updated the program to ver 19.4.3089 - build 19.4.4318.455 and I've update the virus definitions several times since, as well, so that I am currently using definitions ver 190420-4 released April 20, 2019 @ 8:52PM.

Normally, it would take about 20-30 minutes to complete a full scan, or at least that's when I would close the program, just leaving it monitoring things down in the bottom right of screen.

However, over the last three or so days, it has failed to complete a scan, even after 4-6 hours. When I close my HP 6730b Laptop before going to bed, it would still be "Scanning for performance issues - scanning for programs slowing down your PC".

Is anyone else, here, having problems with AVG Anti-Virus Free?? Or has anyone recently had similar problems that they have managed to solve??

TIA.
Since I installed Windows 10 I decided to avoid all commercial AV programs cause they caused more problems than benefits. So far Windows Defender do the job silently and it's doing quite well.

+1

I use the *Kasperski* anti-virus program with Windows-10

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn (east side of the hotel)
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816