Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Web Things

On 4/19/2019 4:25 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/19/19 1:32 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2019 1:23 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
The Mozilla IoT team is excited to announce that after two years of development and seven quarterly software updates that have generated significant interest from the developer & maker community, Project Things is graduating from its early experimental phase and from now on will be known as Mozilla WebThings.

REF: <https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/04/introducing-mozilla-webthings/>

I'm so missing out because my refrigerator isn't connected to my coffee maker which isn't connected to the dishwasher and other things.

I noted this Oral B toothbrush the other day:

https://oralb.com/en-us/products/electric-toothbrushes/genius-9600-electric-toothbrush-with-bluetooth

You can Bluetooth it to your smart phone to get optimum brushing as recommended by your dentist.

Genius!

I'm a slacker at flossing.

Just got a new dentist at my last visit. The previous one retired.

There also seems to be a new hygienist at every appointment.

I miss the stability of having one that knows my teeth and bad habits.

This was the discussion that had me look up the toothbrush:
(Steve has a dental practice in NYC)

"> At my last dental cleaning, the dental hygienist felt that
> my gum recession (I am 49 years old) was caused by pressing
> too hard with my SoniCare toothbrush, which I have been using
> for about ten years now.
>
> He felt my gum recession was NOT due to bruxism, or grinding
> of the teeth while sleeping, because my back molars have peaks
> which were not worn down very much.  So at most, I am a light
> grinder.
>
> He also didn't think it was likely that my gum recession was
> due to genetics, and he stated that it was possible I could
> keep the gums that I still have, if I simply brushed with my
> SoniCare very lightly, using no more than the weight of the
> brush, for the amount of pressure into the gums.
>
> But what about not brushing twice a day?  How about only brushing
> once a day?  Would this possibly help me?
>
> Thanks for any good advice!

Brushing with correct technique is a better option than brushing less often. From the point of view of periodontal disease, brushing and flossing once a day MAY be adequate. For someone with a lot of decay, it is ideal to brush and floss whenever you eat. What the hygienist SHOULD have volunteered is to tell you to come into the office with your Sonicare and watch you brush, and give a critique. It is less likely you will destroy your gums with a Sonicare than with a regular manual toothbrush. It may be useful to get a disclosing solution and brush only until the stain is gone. That way you will see the minimum amount of time/pressure required to remove the stain (and hence the plaque). I have seen gum recession (and other periodontal issues) that seem to run in families. For the vast majority of these, there has been to my knowledge any direct genetic link. There is no way to parse whether it is genetics, environment, diet, oral hygiene habits, bruxism etc. that may be responsible--and therefore no way to say that they are NOT responsible.

Steve"

When I posted the brush to the group, this was Steve's response:

"With all that tech it should vacuum your floors too.

Steve "