Web lists-archives.com

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free problem

Daniel wrote on 20-04-19 14:40:
Is anybody else here using AVG Anti-Virus Free??

I've been using it for at least a couple of years, updating the definitions daily and the program when advised that there was an update available.

Generally, each day after updating, I'd do a complete scan of my Windows 7 directories/programs, with nary a virus ever found!!

On April 9,2019, it's updated the program to ver 19.4.3089 - build 19.4.4318.455 and I've update the virus definitions several times since, as well, so that I am currently using definitions ver 190420-4 released April 20, 2019 @ 8:52PM.

Normally, it would take about 20-30 minutes to complete a full scan, or at least that's when I would close the program, just leaving it monitoring things down in the bottom right of screen.

However, over the last three or so days, it has failed to complete a scan, even after 4-6 hours. When I close my HP 6730b Laptop before going to bed, it would still be "Scanning for performance issues - scanning for programs slowing down your PC".

Is anyone else, here, having problems with AVG Anti-Virus Free?? Or has anyone recently had similar problems that they have managed to solve??

TIA.
There is no need to perform scanning "for performance issues" nor "for programs slowing down your pc" because after that the AVG shows you problems that you can correct them if you buy the paying upgrade. Anyway I have Free AVG on a window7 pc and it finished in less than one hour "for performance issues" and "programs slowing down your pc" included.