Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ping Walt: that stupid little blue down arrow

On Thu Apr 18 2019 16:27:08 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Whining is fun!

For children, yes, I know, I have three babies that prove that every day.

> Low skill users have no idea how to user add ons.  When I
> install Firefox for them, the only add on I use is uBlock
> Orgin.

The 'low skill users' don't have to know 'how to use' a lot of Addons,
and if you are installing FF for them, you could just install the Addon
to eliminate this problem of yours.

Or, you could just tell them to press and hold the CTRL key then tap the
'J' key.

Or you could tell them to press the 'F10' key, the click the Tools menu,
then click 'Downloads'.

> A frequent complain I get from low skill uses is that they
> installed something from the web 20 times and it still does not
> work.  When I look at their download directory, I see
>       xxx.msi
>       xxx(2)..msi
>       xxx(20).msi
> So you get the picture.

Sure, this is why I set the Downloads location to the Desktop, so
Downloads aren't hidden.

> I do appreciate the links, but they are for me (a high skill
> use), not for a low skill user.

But if you are installing FF for them and assisting them all the time,
then you could install it and be done with it.

> Are you starting to see the picture I am painting yet?

Yes... you are a whiny child.