Web lists-archives.com

Re: User = Enemy ???

On Thu Apr 18 2019 16:12:49 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/18/19 5:39 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> You admit Google goes above and beyond when it comes to tricking users
>> into installing Chrome (and switching it to the default).
>>
>> Which results in a lot more users using 'blink' browsers.
>>
>> And then you turn around and say it probably isn't getting them anywhere?

> There unethical practices of slamming Chrome onto users
> computers is what I was referring to.  Not getting them
> anywhere is that the users don't know what it is and
> ignore it.  Just because it "magically" showed up, does
> not mean it is being used.  So not getting them
> anywhere.

If memory serves, anyone who was tricked into downloading it was also
tricked into installing it, running it, and setting it as the default
web browser. This was before Windows 10 of course.

> Those actually using it, chose to use it.  That is my point.

And my point is that is wrong - but again, this is from memory when t
hey were shoving it down everyones throat.

Even it my memory is wrong, it would count as a download, so would help
google stats as far as 'total downloads' go.

> Firefox is having issues with web sites

Those kinds of problems are always (in my experience supporting 60+
users with Firefox on a daily basis over the last 20 years), running
with a clean profile (without introducing any hacks or changes even if
'you know they aren't causing the problem' always solves the problem.