Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ping Walt: that stupid little blue down arrow

On 4/18/19 5:48 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 4/18/2019, 12:58:19 AM, T <ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
On 4/17/19 7:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
I don't know if a user or developer filed a bug report to change it to
the way it is now. Not doing a search for the report either.

Don't waste your time.  They will ignore you/me/it anyway.

Or you could stop whining and find a decent Addon that helps.

Whining is fun!

Here are three:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-statusbar-webext

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wx-download-status-bar

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/s3download-statusbar

Seriously!

Low skill users have no idea how to user add ons.  When I
install Firefox for them, the only add on I use is uBlock
Orgin.  I use it to show them all the adds they are missing
on IE/Edge and that gets them over to Firefox.

If a low skill users "somehow" manages to figure out how to
install Firefox themselves, they are completely in the dark
about add ons.

A frequent complain I get from low skill uses is that they
installed something from the web 20 times and it still does not
work.  When I look at their download directory, I see
     xxx.msi
     xxx(2)..msi
     xxx(20).msi
So you get the picture.

I do appreciate the links, but they are for me (a high skill
use), not for a low skill user.

Now even if I do manage to get them past the little blue
arrow and get them logged into Go To Assist and then
install one of your suggestions, they won't remember
what I did because the have extreme difficulty LEARNING
ANYTHING NEW.

I personally like the little stupid blue down arrow, but
I am a high skill user.

Blink's method is ugly and intrusive. But my low skill uses never
have any trouble using it.  They frequently start the stub
before I even tell them to.

I am not the audience here.  Are you starting to see the picture
I am painting yet?