Web lists-archives.com

Re: User = Enemy ???

On 4/18/19 5:39 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Thu Apr 18 2019 00:54:44 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
My no/non-skill users often have Chrome "slammed" on their
machines (along with that piece of crap from McAfee).  They
don't even know what it is and never heard of it.  So
Google's unethical business practices are not really
getting them anywhere.

That makes zero sense.

You admit Google goes above and beyond when it comes to tricking users
into installing Chrome (and switching it to the default).

Which results in a lot more users using 'blink' browsers.

And then you turn around and say it probably isn't getting them anywhere?

There unethical practices of slamming Chrome onto users
computers is what I was referring to.  Not getting them
anywhere is that the users don't know what it is and
ignore it.  Just because it "magically" showed up, does
not mean it is being used.  So not getting them
anywhere.

Those actually using it, chose to use it.  That is my point.
Firefox is having issues with web sites and is obscure
to use (little blue down arrow) and Edge is terrible.
That is the reason why folks move to Chrome.  IT is
a deliberate choice.