Web lists-archives.com

Re: TB/FF Weirdness

The Real Bev wrote:
Yesterday I changed the name of the link in /usr/bin from 'firefox' to '52ESRfirefox'.  It pointed at the same place, which is NOT the version of firefox I'm using.

This morning I was unable to click on a link in Thunderbird and have it open in my browser even thought FF62 was open.  Restarted everything, rebooted, no change.  Changed the link's name back to 'firefox' and everything is normal now -- links open in FF62, the one that I'm actually using, even though the version in the link is different.

WTF?

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn (east side of the hotel)
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816