Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ping Walt: that stupid little blue down arrow

On 4/15/19 5:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/15/19 7:50 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
T wrote on 15-04-19 23:17:
On 4/15/19 2:06 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/14/19 11:58 PM, T wrote:
Hi Walt,

I use Go To Assist a lot.  It is miserable to get computer
illiterate (99% of my customers or I would not have
a job) users to log into Go To Assist because of that
little stupid blue down arrow.  DRIVES ME INSANE!

I have spoken to Go To Assist several times about this.  Their
solution is to have users switch to Chrome.  And yes, I have
had ZERO issues getting illiterate customer to log in with Chrome.

Question for you.  Would it be a waste of my time to write up
and RFE to the developers?  They don't seem to give a damn
what users think anymore.

Many thanks,
-T

Go To Assist aka RescueAssist?

They bought each other recently.  Now the same folks.

Are you talking about a little stupid blue arrow in that program or Firefox?

The one in Firefox.  NO ONE can find it when I tell them
to go look for it.

Now to me, it is a sweet feature.  But to non-techies, it
is an abomination.  And it drives me INSANE.  It has taken
me up to 25 minutes to get customers logged in when using
Firefox.

But on Chrome/Brave, they have ZERO trouble. Chrome's/Brave's
method is ugly and clunky, BUT NO ONE HAS ANY TROUBLE USING IT.
And they using click on the download before I even ask
them to !!!

This is Firefox NOT listening to their users again.

I'm not familiar with the program and probably wouldn't waste my time on a RFE to developers of either application.

Spitting in a fan

When I go to: https://up.gotoassist.com

It is changed to:
https://authentication.logmeininc.com/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fauthentication.logmeininc.com%2Foauth%2Fapprove%3Fclient_id%3Dbe2f6546-685a-4dd7-a417-d2a8a5a028eb%26response_type%3Dtoken%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fup.gotoassist.com%252F%26state%3D822549%26minLoa%3D2&minLoa=2&theme=ra

AND I did not see any "blue down arrow" ....

I think he needs to instruct the user to download and install it and when the user can't find the Download arrow icon to monitor the progress it becomes a hassle.

My solution would be once the user found the icon to click on it and display the door hanger to follow the progress and not use the Library window.

Once on the toolbar the user could right click on the icon and remove the check mark for "Auto-Hide in Toolbar" so it is there at all times.

Walt, they just can't find it.  They are low skill users.  When they
do find it, I tell them to left click on it.  When the widows pops up,
to double left click right in the middle of the file names letters.
They don't care about the progress.  It only takes about two seconds
to download the stub and no one cares about its download progress.

The problem here is that you and I are advanced users.  "We" know
what is going on.  Mozilla is ignoring the travails of low skill
users.  Presumable, Mozilla does not want to deal with idiots.
And what they have come up with is a browser that 99% of the users
A.K.A, idiots, go elsewhere.

As I have stated before, I have had ZERO issues with "Blink"
based browsers.  That download box in the lower left is indeed
intrusive and ugly.  But EVERYONE can find it!  Blink is taking
the user base's skill level into account.  Firefox is not.

It is no mystery why M$ is switching to Blink and not Firefox's
engine.   (Oh boy does Edge stink!)

It sucks to see Firefox die like this.