Web lists-archives.com

Re: User = Enemy ???

On 4/14/19 3:23 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
T wrote on 15-04-19 00:12:
On 04/13/2019 11:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:

Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
Firefox start to die.

Don't expect more on FREE software ...

Actually, I deal with both paid and free software.  I
find Open  Source is "typically" more responsive to
user input than paid software and as such is
"typically" of higher quality.  There are notable
exceptions.

"Open source" ? Better ? I doubt when I know one with lot of bugs older than 8 YEARS and never solved ... I was responsible of taking care about customers for paid software ... bugs a treated AT HIGHER PRIORITY ... In such a way, that if possible we found a detour BUT the solution came rapidly evenwhile the detour is working.
Some free software bug are considered as SOLVED when a detour is found.
Therefore I doubt that "Open source" is at higher quality.

Hi Ray,

And what you say is it true indeed.  You missed the word "Typically".

I especially see what you stated in paid software.  Have you ever
had the wonderful experience of a Dilbert style manager yelling
and spitting in your face "JUST SHIP IT !!!!"?

I see paid software all the time refuse to spend money on fixing
things when they have enough paying customer to make a profit.
You don't like it, go elsewhere.  Kaspersky and Drop Box come to
mind.

And on the Open Source front, Libre Office has slowed fixing bugs
reported by users, Firefox ignores you, and RHEL is tragic, bug riddled
"Stable" (meaning FROZEN CODE, not "quality code") where nothing
ever gets fixed.

Boy you should see how fast Brave (open source) fixes thing!  But
it is a new project and it got Firefox's best developer after Firefox fired him for his voting record. Qoppa (PDF Studio) is a paid
software that is EXTREMELY responsive to user input.

Don't forget I said there are notable exceptions.

-T